Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bespeak Thou Your Mind!

As occasion befits and there is no fog
The Nantional Anthem of Britain I blog.
In London was it first composed and song
But also played in Malta and in Hong Kong.
Two centuries and half it is old
Yet, it liveth unimpaired and bold! (1)
"You may think it silly but you are wrong,"
A Brit told me, busy singing along.
So I thought I'd share it here with you
To see what you think, without much ado.

(1) In some manuscripts it was recorded as 'bald'.

British National Anthem

God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Behrooz,
What does the poetry say? do you know who the poet is?
mariamusic.

Anonymous said...

You love smiles, Am I understand all right??;)...

WELL, if you want visit my italian blog and look my smile!:D

Ok, in any case I write you because I read your blog through another blog:it's very nice!But...Are you immigrant Iranian Behrooz?? Why are you in UK?:)...
Hug- Caterina

. said...

Maria--Let that stay a mystery!!

Cate--thanks for dropping by. You sure have a nice smile. Yes I am an Iranian and live in the UK at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Hi Behrooz,
alright although I'm not comfortable with it.
mariamusic.

Dr O2 said...

Well it will soon have to change ;-)

Anonymous said...

I think it is a simple verse and one that is easily remembered and can be changed to accomodate either a queen or king.

Spooky Witch said...

I think these Brits are quite old fashioned!Who keeps queens and kings these days!(I have to add Spain+Norway+Denmark+Netherland+....)too!

. said...

Maira--Ok, it's mine.

dr o2--I prefer this queen to the would-be king.

Hellbunny--it certainly is.

Spooky--although I have some criticism too, yet I am not sure if they are old fashioned.