Sunday, September 11, 2005

Star and my brief Soho tour

  • I liked "Star" because I could resee my beloved lively Julie Andrews in "The Sound of Music". In the musical Star she stars as Gertrude Lawrence. Those interested in how to attract women could find lots of practical tips. The top one was: do not be Mr Wussy Nice, be Mr Ignoring Tough.
  • In London, I got on a double-decker and naturally went upstairs! to have a better view. I found a place by a lady 10 years older than me (it's safe to say it, you know what I mean). She asked for an address which I did not know: "Where is Debenham?" And then she said are you Iranian? !!!!!! I really did not talk much to say Iranian conspicuous accent betrayed me. She said I looked liked Iranians!! She was from Tanzania.
  • (Aside) I had a tour round some streets of Soho area. Did not see much, though I saw some very naughty shops!!! To be honest, I did not know what I should expect to see. So I did not see 'it'!! Like a little school boy I asked a catering man who was smoking outside a snack-shop:

"What is Soho so famous for?"

"For its sex shops and prostitutes!"

"Oh!"

So that was it. But passing-by girls and women looked so natural!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. . .check out "Hitch" too for how to attract women ;)
Yeah, sometimes people come out and ask U if u are Iranian even when U have been barely talking. . .

Anonymous said...

Behrooz - My man, Naz is right. Hitch is a good movie. Hey, I really liked your post. My problem is that I don't remember that movie with Julie A. I'm talking about Stars. I'm going to check the movie database and see. My memory is kind of screwed up lately :) ... The Iranian experience U had the other day sounds familiar to me. Been there my friend. Sometimes I think “Iranian” is tattooed on our forehead.

Anonymous said...

Farzad and me I have not seen Hitch. I will look for it. BTW it is Star and not Stars. I liked the way you put it: tattooed!

Anonymous said...

where can i get more info?