Monday, September 05, 2005

The Sound of Music

Humm.... C4 last night ended its 100 ultimate film programme. I am a serious fan of C4's 100s. By ultimate they mean films which had been watched by British cinema-goers most. What do you guess? Well, "The Sound of Music" came second in the list. I so much love this film. You know, I just die for it. All the songs, the humour, the lively scenes when Julie Andrews just improvises things, her temptations as well as her very eminent femininity etc. make it just impossible not to fall in love with the film-let alone the actress. I was not surprised at all at this choice. Yet I was really surprised at what occupies the first place in the list. I will talk about it in my next post, hopefully. I like to hear of your guesses, if you haven't seen the programme.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bush's Worst Week
Got a scoop? Email your tips and suggestions to the editor. Premium Blog Ad Blog Ads Classifieds Amazon About The Site Taegan D. Goddard is the creator of Political Wire, a political column updated around the ...
Hi, you got a neat blog here!

I have a poker
site/blog. It covers all poker related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Behrooz - "The Sound of Music"... It's a wonderful movie. I haven't watched it for such a long time, but I recall the story. I'm glad that U R a movie fan, coz I'm one myself. However, in regard to C4's 100s I don't know anything about it. Unfortunately, we don't get such a delight here in Canada. Anyway, I think I can guess what the #1 movie is. "Gone with the wind" is my bit. Enjoy the show. Cheers my friend, cheers :)

GazanKhan said...

Anecdotes are true stories my friend.
And another thing, be careful not get obsessed with the Sound of Music, Ok? I've seen it happened to people.
God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Glad to visit you blog :) And thank you so much fo leaving me those friendly comments. I'm getting alonh with it though it's really hard onmy knees.

You have a cool blog. Keep blogging, man!

P.S. Just added you to my link list.

Anonymous said...

I was so amazed that this favorite movie of mine is a complete unknown in some other countries (France for example)!!!! But I could sign U the songs in three languages ;)
As for the first place, hmmm, tough choice I was in doubt between "Gone with the wind" as Frazad suggested, "Star wars" or something more oldie like "Casablanca".