Monday, August 29, 2005

Under Western Sky

Humm... you know what, being a non-western living in UK is an ordeal all right. It is fun too, though. You just feel not one and the same. It is like going out to watch others and not to live. It is to experiment and not to feel. Let me give you an example. It was just less than a week when I was in UK. I was very hungry; I found a Griggs store. The window was as sexy and appealing as it could be. I half-ventured a 'something' which seemed more like what I had back home in Iran. When I began having it, it was more an educational experience than a nutritious or pleasant meal. I could not finish it. It was mid oct. 2002.

2 comments:

Shirin said...

Bloody hell does that mean you haven’t eaten since October 2002? I don’t know what a Griggs store is but maybe you should try a sandwich bar or something. Or fish and chips maybe, yum yum.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! but I have not tried Griggs, but once of course.